Apollo spokesman of the Gods

Made my first trip abroad in 2006. I went to Greece and to Delphi in particular which I have been dreaming about since I was a teenager. The Sanctuary and Temple of Apollo were breathtaking. No wonder the Greeks believed the voice of the gods was there, especially the voice of Apollo, whose stunning image standing over the fighting Lapiths in total calm stands in the museum at Olympia.
What was most impressive at Delphi was the backdrop of the rockface at the back of this picture on the left. The Greeks called them the Shining Ones and their presence over the site is overwhelming. It must indeed be one of the most numinous places in the world.
I heard on the news this morning that in Greece there is an association for the re-introduction of the ancient Greek religion. I hope they succeed - unless they plan to stop us all visiting the wonderful temples which litter the landscape of the country.
Labels: Apollo, Delphi, Greece, Greek religion

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home